Sep 28, 2020  
2010-2011 Graduate Catalog 
2010-2011 Graduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]

University Housing

University Residence Halls

The University provides residence hall accommodations for 2,000 students in nine residence halls. Coyote Village, Brookman Hall and McFadden Hall are currently designated as buildings for upperclass/graduate/professional students. Single rooms are guaranteed for students living in these buildings. Brookman Hall provides single occupancy rooms in a traditional residence hall setting, while Coyote Village and McFadden Hall offers a single room within a two or four-bedroom apartment or suite. Each residence hall in the complex is administered by a full-time Master’s level professional staff member, assisted by a graduate assistant and a staff of community advisors (C.A.’s) who live on each floor. The C.A.’s are responsible for educational programming, community development, policy enforcement, and providing general assistance to students. On a space-available basis, rooms are available for graduate, law, and medical school students. Assignments are made based on the date the residence hall application and deposit are received. Additional information may be obtained from the Student Services/University Housing at (605) 677-5663 or on campus at the Muenster University Center, Room 219E.

Off-Campus Housing

Vermillion offers a variety of rooms, apartments, mobile homes, and houses for rent to University students. The University is not responsible for off-campus housing and it is considered an entirely separate entity.  Students must make rental arrangements with the individual landlords.  You can view current listings in the Vermillion area, along with valuable information for finding housing to suit your personal needs at