Fine Arts and Humanities (6 credit hours total within 2 disciplines)
Students will understand the diversity and complexity of the human experience through study of the arts and humanities.
Student Learning Outcomes: As a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the diversity of values, beliefs, and ideas embodied in the human experience, and
- Identify and explain basic concepts of the selected disciplines within the arts and humanities.
In addition, as a result of taking courses meeting this goal, students will be able to do at least one of the following:
- Identify and explain the contributions of other cultures from the perspective of the selected disciplines within the arts and humanities,
- Demonstrate creative and aesthetic understanding,
- Explain and interpret formal and stylistic elements of the literary or fine arts, and
- Demonstrate foundational competency in reading, writing, and speaking a non-English language.
Each course meeting this goal includes the following student learning outcomes:
Required: #1, #2
At least one of the following: #3, #4, #5, or #6
*Students must complete 3 credit hours in Humanities and 3 credit hours in Fine Arts.